Sunday, March 16, 2014

New Hourglass Blushes

These new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes have been out in stores for about a month now, and I went and treated myself to two of the shades, Luminous Flush and Mood Exposure.
One of the reasons I purchased these were because they are free of parabens, talc, fragrance, nanoparticles, and gluten. Yep, that's right. It's on the box.

These blushes are so comfortable and light to wear. They are silky and the finish is just gorgeous. I find them to be sheer when applied, but the colour is buildable if desired. There is a very slight shimmer, but since the powder is so fine, it comes off very natural. Their packaging states, "A truly multidimensional blush that enhances cheeks with seamless, soft-focus color, and a natural radiant finish." They definitely hit their mark. These blushes do not disappoint.

They are available at Sephora for $41.00(CAD) each.

Because of my darker medium tone skin, I felt these shades were the best accommodating. The pigment is just so vivid. Below is Luminous Flush and Mood Exposure, respectively. Luminous Flush is a rosy pink colour, and Mood Exposure is a thirsty plum colour.
These two are on the brighter spectrum of the shades available, and Mood Exposure is the deepest shade. When applied the marbleized hues mix to create the unique colour payoff you see in the swatches.
The compact is smaller than Hourglass' original Ambient Lighting Powders. At 4.2g(0.15oz), they sit easily in the hand. Though smaller, I don't think I would recommend travelling with them. Even the packaging states the blushes are fragile and require care when handled. The marbleized appearance is lovely, but when you start using the product, the powder mixes easily.

I think that's all I can say and show about these fabulous products. Thanks for reading!

~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment